Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mr Rhombus




This is a lovely pattern Designed by SA's up and coming sock designer, Judy George. It was fun to do a collaboration with her and dye up the 3 exclusive colour ways for this pattern. Don't you think that the colours are lovely in this design?

Her design is clever has some interesting elements to it, while still being conservative enough for every ones grandad to like.

About the pattern, In Judys words: This is a men's sock pattern for size 8-10 (UK)/ 8.5-10.5 (US) and 10-12 (UK)/10.5-12.5 (US) feet. The textured diamond pattern is not to fussy for the men in your life, but adds a bit of interest for the sock knitter knitting larger and longer than usual socks! An added detail is a mock cable rib that travels us the side of the leg and doesn't require a cable needle.


About the yarn: The yarn used is Man sock [400m to 100g], which is super strong and also luxurious. This is the first time I have ever dyed this yarn in a gently toning colour way, and since I am uncertain if I will still be able to get this yarn again, I doubt that I will dye it a gently toning again.  My hubby insists that it is nicer than his MCN socks, and keeps his toes warm.



and here are the colourways that you can choose between.


This pattern uses 80g to 100g of the luxurious man sock and is available in Olive Leaf, Airforce and Rusks. These colours are exclusive to the club and the balls are large enough that you need not worry about running out of the yarn
To be part of this club, Say "me please, I want X amount of colour Xyz" on this ravelry thread, or contact me via www.nurturingfibres.co.za

The cost of this club is USD 29 including postage.

Happy knitting Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment