Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunny Days Shawlette Tutorial

I've had several questions regarding the set up for the Sunny days Shawlette and I really want to help. So I've done this tutorial for you all and I hope it helps you understand better.


Cast on and knit the 6 rows

 I used two toothpicks to demonstrate the picking up of the stitches

 Knit the 3 sts on the first toothpick

then knit the 3 sts on the next toothpick. As you can see, your 3 middle stitches are perpendicular to the needle and these will form the body of the shawlette. the other 3 side stitches ultimately become the edging. 

Happy Knitting!

Hugs
Carle

3 comments:

  1. oops! i think i forgot to save my comment! this is a wonderful idea carle, thank you for sharing this tutorial.

    i found a video demonstrating the garter tab cast on, that may be a help also:

    http://youtu.be/TaQHMmEIvgU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lori!

      that is so helpful.

      Have a great sunday evening

      Delete
  2. oh i'm so glad! i am having a wonderful sunday evening knitting away on my sunny shawl! i've always been a monogamous knitter, but somehow this shawl has pulled me away from the current sweater i'm making, and its a really welcome change! i'm really enjoying your pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete